ANTENATAL BOOKING FORMS
For EMIS PCS practices: Click on the links below to download:
- EMIS PCS EMIS PCS AN referral form2.doc
- Instructions for use of AN referral form with EMIC PCS EMIS PCS instructions for AN referral.doc
For EMIS LV practices:
- EMIS LV EMIS LV AN referral form2.doc
- Instructions for use of AN referral form with EMIS LV EMIS LV instructions for AN referral.doc
- NB: It is important to follow these instructions to the letter!
For INPS Practices:
- Please use the FAX version of this form AN Referral form INPS or FAX2.doc
ANTENATAL BOOKINGS VIA EMAIL!
- To support the early booking of your patients, please ensure you use the AnteNatal booking referral form relevant to your practice GP Clinical System with the mail-merge function.
- All sections of the standard referral form need to be completed and easily readable – the LMP is very important so the Homerton can fast-track late bookers
- Send forms to the Homerton as soon as the woman has been seen by the GP so Homerton have the maximum time to book them.
- If a woman is given a booking by the GP to see the midwife at the surgery ensuring this appt is within 12 weeks and 6 days. If this is not possible please request for an appointment to be made elsewhere (e.g.Children's Centre)for the initial booking appointment.
- The central Homerton email address to which all Antenatal booking forms can be emailed securely as an attachment (with an acknowledgement of receipt from the Homerton) to help streamline and speed up the referral process. This is email@example.com
- The AN referral documents come in two EMIS versions and one INPS or FAX version depending on the route you want your referrals to take in future.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO: You need to choose as a practice how you want to send AN referrals and ensure the same route is being used by all referring clinicians within your practice team so the Homerton know which referral route your practice will be following.
- Option 1: You can print out and manually complete the AN Referral Form FAX version above and FAX this to the following number: 020 8510 5727. This referral will be picked up by the Homerton in the usual way.
- Option 2:Alternatively use the EMIS PCS or EMIS LV documents above which are set up with fields to merge in patient demographic / clinical information from the patient's record and AN Booking Template entries. These can be emailed to the Homerton directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NB:VERY IMPORTANT: Please note for patient confidentiality these referral emails MUST ONLY EVER BE SENT from an approved nhs.net email address and never from a personal email address (e.g. sending this from for instance email@example.com would be secure but NOT from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com etc as this would not be a secure route for patient identifiable information and would therefore represent a breach of NHS patient confidentiality.